Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
RCIA is the process through which adults are fully initiated in the Catholic Faith community. The process provides for different levels of entry. Please visit our RCIA page for additional information.
St. Gertrude Invites non-Catholics
Interested in learning more about the Catholic Church? Contact us!
R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is the process by which non-Catholic adults learn about the Catholic Church and gradually become full members. Every year adults are welcomed into the Catholic Community through RCIA. It is a learning and loving process in which conversion of the heart brings you to Jesus Christ who is our Lord and Saviour.
"The R.C.I.A. is a contemporary approach to our ancient faith." Gary & Patricia Norris (coordinators of the program) have explained. "We welcome anyone who is interested in learning about the Catholic Church. This program will present the Catholic faith journey in an open and comfortable environment."
Participants in past R.C.I.A. classes have come from many different backgrounds, yet all have a common interest in learning about the Catholic Faith. Classes are held each year from September through April.
The RCIA is a journey of faith:
- through the initial stages of asking and seeking,
- through beginning involvement with Christian/Catholic people,
- through hearing the Gospel proclaimed and by faithful reflection and prayer on this Word of God,
- through study and discussion about the Catholic experience,
through doubts and hesitations,
- through discernment of God's call for them as individuals,
- through the steps of commitment,
- through the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
The RCIA is for adults who:
- are interested in learning more about the Catholic Church.
- have never celebrated Baptism.
- have celebrated Baptism in another faith and are interested in the Catholic Church.
- are baptized Catholics who have not yet received Eucharist or Confirmation.
- are married to a Catholic and attend Mass but just don't know what the next step is to become one of the Catholic faithful.
- Our RCIA process is authentically Catholic in every respect. Read more about it at The Asssociation for Catechumenical Ministry's web site.
Our RCIA Program is held on Monday nights in the St. Gertrude School cafeteria (Holy Grill) from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
For more information on St. Gertrude Church and the R.C.I.A. program, or if you are interested in being a sponsor or helping in some way, please contact Gary & Patricia Norris at (513) 677-5379 or contact them by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get more details and register online for RCIA here!
Catechism for Us All
For more information about the faith, check out the following articles.
Who is Jesus and Why Did He Come?
Communion of Saints
The Four Last Things
The Rites of Acceptance and Welcoming
The Blessed Virgin Mary - Immaculate Conception
Intro to Sacraments and Baptism 2010