- Students ages 3 years old through 2nd grade will have regularly scheduled Catechesis of the Good Shepherd in the atrium. Therefore CGS will be implemented as follows:
- To keep smaller and therefore safer numbers of children in our atrium space, we are offering biweekly (every other week) atrium times instead of the weekly class families as offered originally at registration.
- To continue to walk with your children and family on the ‘off week’, we are offering several new opportunities:
- Online virtual prayer and singing time for families that will happen in a live format with several times offered a week.
- CGS work will be available for checking out and taking home for a week. In order for a work to be taken home, a brief in-person presentation will be given to both parent and child. The works will be sanitized before being lent to another family. We will ask to please be respectful of returning works in a timely manner.
- We are unable to offer a remote-only learning option for CGS.
- In accordance with guidelines given by CGSUSA, recorded presentations are not ideal and are frowned upon to do. Because of the nature of the atrium of receiving presentations (announcements of the Word) and then work time to absorb the message, moments in the atrium cannot be ‘realized’ electronically.
- Therefore, should stay at home orders arise, we will provide additional at home resources and support to continue for children and families to grow nearer to God together.
- If a child has been a part of the atrium before and would like to participate in at home opportunities only (prayer/singing/taking work home) they have that option. If a child has never been in an atrium before, unfortunately he or she may not participate remotely.
Have more questions? Interested in learning more?
Contact Cindy Wurzelbacher or Kristen Eggers
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org