- Can I pre-plan a funeral before a death occurs?
Yes, contact our Bereavement Coordinator to set up a time to pre-plan a funeral.
- What days and times are available for funerals at St. Gertrude?
In general, times for funerals are 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Funeral Masses are not permitted on Sundays and other liturgical days such as Christmas, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday. Your Funeral Home will contact the Parish Secretary to confirm availability.
- Does St. Gertrude allow a visitation prior to the Funeral Mass?
Yes, if the Parish Center is available on the day of the Funeral Mass. The Funeral Home will contact the Parish Secretary for date availability.
- Does St. Gertrude allow for a reception after a Funeral Mass?
Yes, if space is available in our parish center, the St. Dominic Lobby, we can host a post-funeral reception for small groups (max: 50-60) coordinated by our Helping Hands group Ministry.
- Is music provided for a Funeral or Memorial Mass?
Yes, we provide music for the Funeral Mass through our Resurrection Choir, directed by Marty Cunningham. If desired, our Resurrection Choir Director can secure a soloist and other musicians to assist the choir.
- Can I have an outside priest celebrate the mass at St. Gertrude?
Yes, you may have an outside priest celebrate or concelebrate the mass. If the priest is not a Dominican Friar or a priest in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, the priest is required to send a letter of suitability to the pastor. Contact the Parish Secretary or Bereavement Coordinator with additional questions.
Have questions? We're here to help. Please contact the parish office at (513) 561-5954.